Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation so that your doctor can review your medical history, perform a thorough examination and diagnosis your problem. In addition, this visit will allow our treatment coordinators to discuss your treatment plan and review your insurance benefits with you.
Occasionally, surgery can be performed on the same day; however, complex treatment plans and medical issues may require that treatment be performed at your next visit. Certain types of surgical care necessitate a consultation visit prior to surgery.
Please notify our staff when scheduling if you have any medical problems (i.e., diabetes, bleeding problems, cardiovascular disease, artificial heart valves or joints) or are taking any medications (i.e., blood thinners, bisphosphonates, insulin, heart medications) that may affect your surgical care.
Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
Please Bring the Following Items With You For Your Initial Appointment:
- Referral card from your dentist or physician
- X-rays taken by your dentist or physician. If you do not have X-rays at your initial appointment, we can arrange to have pertinent X-rays taken at our facility.
- Medical and dental insurance cards, if applicable
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Insurance referral (if required by your insurance carrier)